In order to properly recognize those few senior members who have pioneered its development and whose in-depth experience leaves no doubt as to their ability, knowledge and value to the profession, the APS has instituted the designation of Master Productivity Specialist and will bestow such recognition on those who meet the following requirements. The designation, once earned, is permanent and unless rescinded for cause, need not be renewed. A Master Productivity Specialist will:
- Be active in the profession at the time of the application.
- Have a minimum of 14 years as an active Productivity Specialist.
- At least 8 of those years must be consecutive and uninterrupted by other periods of employment or activities.
- Have a minimum of 5 years as an active member of the same Productivity Specialist firm.
- Have a minimum of 5 years in an active senior management position.
- Meet ten “variety of assignment” qualifications that are required for certification under the Experience Versatility category.
In addition to the above Productivity Specialist employment record, position and longevity requirements, each Master Productivity Specialist applicant must:
- Provide two references who are Board Members, Delegates, Alternates, Other MPS’s or members of APS who will verify and attest to the above.
- Sign the Ethical oath pledge and abide by its covenants.
- Be an Individual Member in the Association of Productivity Specialists.